Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Pictures next Time

Habari za nubani?

I hope all is good on the home front. Tanzania has been great to me. Swahili is coming along and I am starting to communicate with my mama now and my brother and sister at my home stay. I can tell the market venders to not give me the white man price because I teach their children; saving money already;-) I can communicate where I come from and where I am staying and what my business is in Tanzania; the language is coming slow and steady. All of the volunteers have been split up into small groups of five and we study everyday together and all live in close proximity to each other. Our neighbors are starting to call us by our names even though we have never met, so everyone is talking about the white people around I would assume.

Last week we had a great experience with our class got to attend the schools graduation for the form 4 students. We got front row seats then were introduced during the ceremony and were invited to eat and have drinks with the guests of honor after the graduation ceremony. The guest of honor was a local head of the Catholic Church and was very interested about our mission in Tanzania.

They are keeping us very busy in the classroom working on our Swahili and teaching classes so not too much new since my last post. I did find a chocolate hook up in country so my life is getting better. The lady is very nice and gives me a good deal because I keep coming back and by enough for the week. I promise next time I will try and post pictures so you can see the beautiful setting. Until next time, Salama(peace)!

No comments: